Helping community organisations be their best
Good Governance helps to create strong, cohesive and more resilient communities by boosting good governance practices in community organisations.
The initiative matches trained volunteers skilled in governance with community organisations. These volunteers act as mentors over 12 months, working with the entire committee or board to empower the organisation to develop policies, processes and the culture that facilitate good governance. Through this direct partnership, mentors can support organisations with the individualised assistance they need to overcome their unique challenges and reach their specific goals.
Mentors may support organisations to develop good governance practices in areas such as:
- identifying and minimising risk
- navigating complex reporting and compliance requirements
- ensuring the efficient use of resources
- evaluating whether or not the group is succeeding
- reducing the social cost of unsustainable organisations
- building organisational capacity
- creating strong, cohesive and resilient communities.
How you can make a difference through Good Governance
By sharing your expertise and becoming a mentor, you have an opportunity to help contribute to local organisations, shape your community, and enhance your own professional skills. Full training and support is provided for all mentors, and there is also a Community of Practice available for mentors to further develop their networks and professional learning.
For details concerning this role , please contact
Phone : 0401 857 441