Supporting you to support your volunteers
We know that for managers or coordinators of volunteers, time is scare and resources even more so.
To support you in your pursuit of good volunteer management, we source free tools and materials you can use on the job. The Centre for Participation can also provide any assistance you need to understand and implement policies, frameworks and procedures.
We can also support you to remain at the forefront of new initiatives as volunteering evolves. For many of our towns, volunteering is more about community survival and the nature of volunteering continues to change. Although it still brings people together, specialised skills and knowledge are now required to manage growing compliance concerns, community expectations and governance obligations.
We assist volunteer coordinators and organisations to address these issues through workshops, training, policies and procedural frameworks to provide direction and structure to the way volunteers are managed. An important part of our work is training and supporting volunteer managers and coordinators.
We can partner with you to:
- develop a volunteer management framework, including all associated policies, procedures and other program forms
- help recruit, train and support quality volunteers
- provide access to network meetings, confidential advice, information and support for coordinators of volunteers
- assist with events and activities for volunteer recognition days
- provide professional development to volunteer managers and coordinators
- ensure practice meets national standards.